Thank you for finding us.
We believe that you will find Staddlestones Barn a comfortable and relaxing place to spend a short break, or even a longer stay to explore this beautiful part of the West Country.
We are located in a very beautiful and peaceful, yet very accessable, part of South Somerset. We are positioned broadly mid way between the South Devon & Dorset coast to the south, and the Somerset coast to the north on the Bristol channel. Access to Hambridge is good with two major routes being relatively close at hand, the M5 at Taunton just to the North West of us, and the A303 a short distance to the South of us, yet we are far enough away from them, that you can never hear the traffic noise.
We are ideally situated not only for touring the local area, but to explore more extensively the South West, which could include Historic Bath, Stonehenge (a world Heritage site), Stourhead (NT), and much more.
Pam is an experienced Bed & Breakfast proprieter. For a number of years Pam ran a very succesful establishment known as 'Cumorah Guest Accommodation' in Geenham, Nr Newbury, Berkshire. That business attracted the 'enjoyEngland.com' four star rating, together with the special 'Silver' award. The business closed down in April 2009 when husband Tim retired, and we moved away from the rat race of Berkshire to enjoy the peaceful surroundings of rural Somerset.
Having spent some time improving our new home and garden, Pam has now turned towards providing a Bed & Breakfast facility once more, and looks forward to meeting people who would like to stay in our new home, here in beautiful rural South Somerset, where traffic jams are never experienced.
- Staddlestones Barn (Grade II Listed) was a traditional local lias stone built agricultural barn which dates back circa 200 years, but was converted to residential accommodation just prior to the 21st Century.
- It is situated in the small village of Hambridge on the B3168 about midway between the two small historic towns of Langport and Ilminster, and is part of the 'Somerset Levels'.
- We are a couple of hundred yards off the relatively quiet B3168, in a very quiet situation.
- Staddlestones Barn sits in it's own grounds of some half an acre, with open views from the rear (south) towards the village of Barrington.
- Guest accommodation consists of a large double en-suite bedroom, and a second double bedroom. Please see 'Our rooms'
page for further details.
- Walkers and cyclists are welcome - secure storage of cycles provided.
- We have two adorable young Westie dogs, who are always pleased to see visitors.
Millie & Oscar
Please use the various tabs above to find out more about us.
Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail us if you wish to know more, or to make a reservation.
Do you need to contact us